Spahlinger is Currently in a Medically-Induced Coma
21 year-old Evan Spahlinger is in a coma after an e-cigarette he was smoking exploded, covering his face and neck in burns. He suffered both internal and external burns as well as damage to his lungs. He is currently in critical condition at a hospital in Naples, Florida.
His sister, Ema Richardson, was laying in her bed when she heard an explosion. She found Evan lying on the ground, covered in soot. “The mouthpiece went, when the cigarette exploded, it went down his throat and exploded again,” she said.